I am writing this post with my tail between my legs as I am so embarrassed and so incredibly sorry that I have neglected my blog for so long. I haven't been very fair to my readers and wouldn't be surprised if all of you have gone blogging elsewhere. I am constantly getting questioned by family and friends about the blog status, and just the other day I received a blog comment, an email, and a phone call all in the same day all regarding my blog! This really made me think about "closure". I need closure on the blog and I think my readers also need closure. So many of you followed my entire journey and then I haven't even delivered the climax, the birth story. LAME.
Believe it or not, I make a "to do" list every day and write my final blog entries is always top on my list, however I have found a ton of reasons to not write and here they are:
- Leisure. I have been enjoying sharing my summer maternity leave with my husband's summer off schedule (he has a 10 month contract). When will we ever have a summer off together again?
- Ailments. I have had chronic neck pain that flares up when I sit at the computer for longer than 5 minutes. It is a burning, aching, throbbing sensation that brings tears to my eyes. I can only get relief by walking away and changing my position. I also did something to my tail bone while giving birth. My doc said I could have fractured it, but it is hard to actually diagnose. Sitting in a hard chair is excruciating.
- Motherhood. Newborns take up a lot of time! Being "on call" 24/7 is very draining and I am often sleep deprived and I don't feel like exerting the mental energy it is going to take to post my closing stories and statements.
- Slackness. I haven't finished writing my birth story or my "last encounter with Dr. Sunshine" story.
- Selfishness. I will be so sad to write these last posts and close down Bedrest Boutique, and besides that, I haven't thought of a new name for a new blog, yet.
Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.
I am sincerely sorry though. I feel like I have let you down as well as let myself down. I do intend to bring closure to my journey though by posting my last posts very, very soon.
If you are still reading, thank you for sticking by me and holding out for the end. I will deliver.
I HAVE BEEN CHECKING EVERY FEW DAYS TO SEE IF U HAVE BEEN COMMENTING!THANKS FOR THE UPDATE AND LET US KNOW SOON! AND ENJOY YOUR BABIES AND HUBBY! AND ALSO TRY TO GET YOUR SELF FEELING BETTER!
Please take care of yourself and do enjoy your family. Time passes much to fast. Glad to know you are home safe from your visits. Did Jonathan get a package from work?
Jonathan here. Work? Huh? I do have a vague recollection of ... a remote reminiscence of ... a ... uh ... place of employment ... people ... students ... books ... databases ... reference ... uh .. desk ... something ... coworkers? Ah, uh, yes, a package from work. Yes, I ... uh ... mmhmm ... yeah, a package. Uh huh. Very nice. Thank you! Wait, what was the question?
Hey I thought you were in construction? Hee hee hee!
I'm under construction.
I also check back regularly. Glad you are enjoying some family time. The internet is here to stay so don't feel pressured to finish your story. it'll come, in time.
Post a Comment